The following tips can assist in minimizing the threat of cyber attacks:
1. Keep up with software updates, upgrades, and manufacturer—recommended patches
2. Recognize phishing attempts and do not click through or enter credentials.
3. Use passwords with numbers, letters, and special characters.
4. Do not use the County’s resources and equipment to access social media websites.
5. Be aware of attempts to gain passwords, IP addresses, and other information that can be exploited to break into a network.